Child and Family Counselor (Comprehensive Child Development Services)
CHILD AND FAMILY COUNSELOR JOB DESCRIPTION
|Title||Child and Family Counselor||Classification: Non-Exempt|
|Department||Programs||Time Commitment: 24 hours per week|
|Reports to||Executive Director||Compensation: $22-24
* Based on level of education
Under supervision of the Executive Director and in collaboration with the Program Director, the Child and Family Counselor provides services designed to address the social-emotional needs of children and to offer parenting support to families enrolled in the center-based program. The Child and Family Counselor develops plans to increase the health, safety and well-being of children and families in need of additional support.
Observations and Assessment
- Conduct on-site observations of children identified by teachers as needing support to succeed in the classroom. Assess the developmental areas that require intervention.
- Provide feedback and support to teaching staff in addressing environmental issues impacting children’s behavior.
- Provide individualized case management services to families including service coordination, advocacy, and enhanced referrals.
- Maintain detailed documentation of activities performed, service plans, and family data.
- Ensure appropriate follow-up is conducted on every case.
- Develop relationships with service providers to ensure families benefit from resources in the community. Maintain up to date resource and referral information.
- Facilitate service meetings for families with limited access to time and transportation.
- Coordinate and present workshops designed to engage families and address topics of interest and concern.
- Provide coaching to parents in need of one-on-one parenting sessions.
Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Special Education, or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience working with children 0-5 and their families. Experience in child development or infant mental health settings preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher)
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to communicate in English. Fluency in understanding and speaking Spanish preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- High degree of professionalism and accountability.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Valid California Driver’s License and transportation.
How To Apply:
Please submit resume and cover letter to Executive Director, Dora Jacildo at email@example.com.