Bookkeeper / Administrative Assistant (Long Beach BLAST)
Reports To: Executive Director
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Pay Range: $14.00-$17.00 per hour
This position is part-time, 25 hours a week. The preferred work schedule is Monday through Friday from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.; some occasional morning/evening hours may be required. This position requires the skills and ability to manage the organization’s bookkeeping and other office administrative support.
1. Oversees Accounts Payable and Receivable. This includes, but not limited to, payroll, bills, invoices, reimbursements, reconciliations, donations, grants, contributions, etc.
2. Provides monthly financial statements to the Executive Director and Board of Directors
3. Maintains financial records and documentation for annual audit
4. Tracks and manages grant calendar, and is responsible for deadlines, re-application dates, and other relevant data to be communicated to the Executive Director.
5. Opens mail, logs checks received, and preps mail.
6. Assists the Executive Director with fund development, administration, and organizational operation.
7. Assists Executive Director with grant submission and research.
8. Assists with all administration and human resource files.
9. Maintains and manages donor and general contact information databases.
10. Provides support for special events.
11. Conducts and assists with organizational goals.
12. Works as a member of the agency team with respect and collaboration.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED
- At least two years of experience using Quickbooks for non-profits.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good knowledge of modern accounting theory, principles and practices; knowledge of accounting terminology; knowledge of financial record keeping and reporting and budget preparation.
- Ability to analyze financial transactions and make original or adjusting entries; ability to read and comprehend financial transactions; ability to trace transactions through financial records
- Good skills in the applications of the general principles and practices of modern accounting and auditing; good skills in reviewing and analyzing accounting transactions
- Communicates effectively with others, including giving and receiving feedback.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with administration and staff in a team-oriented environment
- Capacity to assume responsibility for own professional development.
- Detail oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem solving
- Flexible, highly organized and dedicated
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, and follow-up skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent work ethic
- Professional and neat appearance
- Well-spoken and good communicator
LANGUAGE: Ability to read and speak English proficiently.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range.
- Fine hand manipulation (keyboarding).
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Internal office space.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: N/A
TRAVEL: 0-5% (local). Must have own transportation.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
In order to apply, please send a cover letter and resume to : Noly@lbblast.org
No phone calls please.