Assistant to Independent Living/ Peer Support/ Outreach Coordinator (Disabled Resource Center, Inc.)
DISABLED RESOURCES CENTER, INC.
ASSISTANT TO INDEPENDENT LIVING (IL)/
PEER SUPPORT (PS)/OUTREACH COORDINATOR
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Assist with Intake and Assessment for all core services, peer support, and services to Transitional Youth, ages 14 to 24 years. Maintain and provide information on independent living (IL) services and resources available to people with disabilities. Assist with the cross-disability peer support program for Transitional Youth.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Executive Director.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Primary work is performed in an office environment. Occasional assignments performed at other sites/travel required. Contact with staff and public.
- Conduct intake and assessment for consumers.
- Meet or exceed program goals and objectives including the number of total unduplicated consumers served and the total number of consumer independent living goals met for the program.
- Assist with the administering of the programs for Transitional Youth, ages 14 to 24 years.
- Maintain information on resources available to people with disabilities.
- Keep accurate monthly statistical records of consumers and program outcomes as necessary for agency records, State, and other funding sources.
- Attend all required meetings and trainings, participate in committees as requested.
- Perform other tasks as required.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge, skills, and abilities
Understanding the needs of people with disabilities and the independent living philosophy. Ability to help coordinate workshops and training sessions. Good networking and resource-gathering skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to travel within service area. Self-motivated and ability to meet or exceed the agency’s goals and objectives. PC literate.
Minimum Requirement: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Understanding of needs of people with disabilities.
Preferred: Experience working with people with disabilities. Teaching credential (elementary school, middle school, or high school). Experience working with Transitional Youth. Bilingual (English/Spanish).
STATUS OF POSITION:
Non-exempt, part-time. All positions subject to funding availability. Employment with DRC is for no definite period of time and can be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time and by either party.
Disabled Resources Center, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, in-person applications, or emails of inquiry.
Deadline for submittal of resumes is Wednesday, December 27, 2017, at 11:59 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.