Assistant Executive Director (Power 4 Youth)
Assistant Executive Director
Power 4 Youth is a site-based one-on-one academic mentoring program for at-risk middle and high school students throughout the Long Beach area. This position supports the work of Power 4 Youth. Under the direction of the Executive Director, oversees operation of the mentoring program, implements the program’s objectives and supervises program staff. Maintains regular communication with the Executive Director and interacts with mentoring sites, program partners, school staff and community partners to ensure effective implementation and quality of program. Oversees administrative record- keeping for program and ensures projects are cost-effective and remain within budget.
- Oversees the day to day operations of the academic mentoring program.
- Manages administrative functions to ensure smooth and efficient operations.
- Supervises program staff.
- Coordinates staff schedules and approves/tracks time off. Collects timesheets for program staff.
- Encourages staff development opportunities and trainings.
- Conducts annual performance reviews of staff.
- Oversees program evaluation, monitors the input of the evaluation data and creates reports on program outcomes.
- Oversees student and mentor databases and tracking software, including its management, maintenance, customization, and functionality.
- Works with program staff to maintain and/or develop partnerships with churches and potential program sites.
- Purchases necessary program supplies.
- Provides monthly reports to the Executive Director, as well as grant/foundation reports as needed.
- Conducts research to follow trends/strategies that can further develop the program.
- Maintains communication with program partners on program changes and other relevant program information.
- Attends community events and meetings on behalf of P4Y. Develop new relationships with other organizations and the community when appropriate.
- Provides support to P4Y special events and fundraising efforts.
- Prepares and edits correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents pertinent to P4Ystudents and mentors.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology, child development or a related field is preferred.
- Demonstrated evidence of strong management and supervisory skills, decision-making, leadership ability, problem analysis and problem-solving skills, relationship building and consensus-building.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Energetic team player who works well with others.
- Detail-oriented person who is able to think creatively and strategically.
- Demonstrate innovative thinking and initiative.
- Experience in program development and working with nonprofits.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties and assignments. Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Interest in and experience with direct services to youth.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Understanding and proficiency in Microsoft Office, and ability to quickly learn other software programs as necessary.
This position is part-time, $20/hour. (avg. 20 hours/week), with potential to grow into full-time with benefits.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Val Parker, Executive Director at email@example.com.