Administrative Assistant (Comprehensive Child Development)
Title: Administrative Assistant
Time Commitment: Full-Time
Reports to: Executive Director
Compensation: $16.00 Per Hour
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant is responsible
for providing support to the Executive Director and Program Director. This position will coordinate
board member activities, manage the donor database, handle front office responsibilities, and
update social media accounts and the website. The Administrative Assistant ensures the delivery of
exceptional customer service.
Front Office Responsibilities:
• Ensure a welcoming, organized, and clean front office environment.
• Answer and screen incoming calls and direct them to appropriate staff members.
• Provide information to callers and walk-ins.
• Assist families seeking child care through website inquiries.
• Purchase office and janitorial supplies, maintaining current inventory.
• Assist with the coordination of repairs and maintenance.
Board of Directors:
• Maintain Board of Directors documents, updating information as necessary.
• Prepare board meeting reminders, agendas, and correspondence.
• Coordinate board retreat and board orientation.
• Manage Board of Directors and Governance calendars.
Database and Correspondence:
• Update database to ensure accurate information.
• Track donations and contributions.
• Generate tax letters and acknowledgements.
• Prepare reports and analysis.
• Update website and maintain social media accounts.
• Prepare email blast using constant contact.
Performs other duties as necessary.
• Associate’s Degree
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, and Photoshop).
• Excellent writing skills. Detail oriented.
• Ability to multi-task, work with minimal supervision, and meet set deadlines.
• Ability to solve problems effectively.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
• High degree of professionalism and accountability.
• Exceptional customer services skills.
• Excellent attendance and punctuality.
• Strong IT skills desired.
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment
including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions, strength to lift
and carry files weighing up to 10 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen,
and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
How to Apply:
For consideration please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.