Controller (SPIRITT Family Services)
SPIRITT Family Services
SPIRITT Family Services’ (SPIRITT) mission is to empower families, improve health and well-being, and strengthen communities. SPIRITT Family Services currently serves over 7,000 individuals annually with a budget of $6 million and growing. To learn more about SPIRITT Family Services, visit www.spiritt.org.
SPIRITT seeks a competent full-time Controller to provide leadership and supervision over the accounting department including policies, accounts payables, accounts receivable and payroll. The Controller will be responsible for the development of the organization’s financial management strategy and contribute to the development and execution of the organization’s strategic goals. This position will report to the Executive Director (ED), will serve as an integral member of the management team, and will exercise supervisory responsibilities of accounting staff.
This position will take on many of the day-to-day management responsibilities with a hands-on approach.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced finance leader with operational experience and a proven track record of demonstrating creative problem-solving, a high-capacity to drive work and lead others, while immediately adding value to our small, successful and highly impactful team.
Specific responsibilities include:
Manage the financial resources of the organization including accounting, finance, organization-wide budgets in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and organization/contract policies and procedures.
Review and approve preparation and finalization of monthly and annual financial reporting materials and metrics for SPIRITT Family Services’ board of directors.
Oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow for administration, existing programs, and proposed new sites.
Manage accounting staff; hire and retain support staff as needed in the future. Coordinate all audit activities.
The Controller will have at least five to eight years of professional experience, including managing the finance of a high-growth $3 million to $10 million organization (preference given to nonprofit experience). She or he will have experience creating and driving the analytic framework for planning and managing organizational change.
The Controller will have the following experience and attributes:
- Nonprofit financial management experience is required
- Bachelor’s degree (MA/MS/MBA preferred) in Business, Management, Accounting or Finance
- At least 5 years of experience required with a minimum of 3 years in Nonprofit
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multidisciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in the nonprofit sector
- Experience should include legal, audit, compliance, budget, and resource development
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems
- Proven effectiveness leading professionals in finance and accounting
- Technologically savvy, with an ability to point to examples of having worked with IT staff to develop and implement new processes and systems that increased efficiency in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent judgment, creative problem solving skills, results-oriented
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, board of directors, and other key stakeholders
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multitask while also being highly detail-oriented.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to SPIRITT Family Services’ mission
Competitive pay and excellent benefits including but not limited to:
100% company paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance
Available 403(b) plan
13 paid holidays per year
14 paid vacations per year starting the first year
SPIRITT Family Services is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
All resumes will be considered; however due to expected applicant volume, only best-fit candidates will be contacted. Please submit cover letter and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org