Program Manager (The People Concern)
Position: Program Manager
The Program Manager will oversee and coordinate the activities of Advocates that that work with
clients to assess housing stability, provide stabilization services, and coordinate multiple
services to meet each client’s specific needs. The Program Manager will also complete mental health
assessments and provide case management services to ensure individuals experiencing homelessness
are successful in housing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Oversee and direct Advocate and Clinical Case Manager team to achieve prescribed objectives
2. Daily coordination and oversight of program operations and program activities
3. Provide case management services to clients experiencing homelessness that are eligible for
rapid re-housing services (rental subsidies)
4. Work with Brilliant Corners to determine rental subsidy plan, including time line to
successfully increase clients’ portion of the rent culminating in client transitioning off of
5. Assist in recruitment, selection, training, supervision, and evaluation of direct service
6. Assess clients’ legal, financial, social, medical, psychological and other needs related to
their current housing crisis
7. Assess clients’ eligibility for public assistance and provide referrals and advocacy to assist
them in accessing those benefits
8. Assess clients’ ability to increase income through employment services, vocational training,
and/or educational opportunities and assist then in accessing those services.
9. Develop effective, trusting relationships with clients
10. Develop individualized housing stability plans as well as plans to increase income.
11. Provide life-skills training and financial literacy training to enhance housing stability.
12. Coordinate medical, substance abuse, and mental health treatment when appropriate.
13. Mediate conflict between clients and their family and/or landlords to promote housing stability
14. Advocate on behalf of clients to law enforcement, government agencies, social service agencies,
educational institutions, medical and legal professionals, and others.
15. Conduct site visits to client’s homes to ensure eligibility for on-going rental assistance
16. Maintain a current, thorough knowledge of community resources and utilize these to provide
services to clients
17. Attended all meetings as required by Department of Health Services as well as any meetings as
directed by supervisor.
1. Master’s degree (MSW, or equivalent degree)
2. Extensive knowledge of local and federal government benefits and entitlements
3. Knowledge of other social service providers
4. Able to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies
5. Detail oriented with excellent time management, organizational, written, verbal,
interpersonal, computer, and cross-cultural communication skills
6. Current, valid California Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record
7. Able to work with minimum supervision
8. Minimum 30 WPM typing speed
9. Prior advocacy or academic experience in housing and/or homeless services preferred
10. Prior supervisory experience preferred
Mail salary expectations, cover letter, and resume to
The People Concern Human Resources 2116 Arlington Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90018