Calling all youth ages 13-26 who live, learn, work and/or play in Long Beach to vote for the summer programs that matter the most to you!
We are excited to share with you three ways to vote and make your voices heard! Voting runs from Tuesday, May 2, 2023 to Thursday, May 11, 2023.
1. YOUTH VOTER FAIR
• Join us on Tuesday, May 2nd from 4- 7 PM at LBCC PCC Campus Quad for an in-person, family friendly Youth Voter Fair!
• Meet staff from over 20 youth-serving organizations and learn about their summer program proposals.
• Vote for 4 proposals that you want to fund using $300K of public dollars from Measure US, a ballot initiative passed by Long Beach voters in 2020.
• Decide on issue areas that are a priority to fund this summer: health and wellness, planning for our future, community care, housing, and transportation (goals of the Youth Strategic Plan).
• Enjoy food, games, music, free parking and meet people who want to make a positive change in our Long Beach community.
• Get an “I Voted” sticker and other fun swag!
2. IN- PERSON VOTING LOCATIONS
• For those who can’t make it to the Voter Fair and need access to computers and wi-fi to vote online, please visit these locations:
McBride Park Teen Center
1550 Martin Luther King, Jr. Ave.
Long Beach, CA 90813
Hours: Mon- Fri, 3-7pm
Houghton Park Teen Center
6301 Myrtle Ave.
Long Beach, CA 90805
Hours: Mon- Fri, 3-7 pm
LBUSD School Campus Libraries
List of participating schools, coming soon!
After you cast your vote, be sure to ask staff at participating locations for an “I Voted” sticker (available while supplies last).
3. VOTE ONLINE (Check back on May 2 for the link to the Voting Platform.)
• Starting Tuesday, May 2 through Thursday, May 11, you can cast your vote online!
• On the online voting site, you will find a summary of program proposals. You will be able to cast 4 votes. Please see our Frequently Asked Question section below to learn more about voting rules.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How many times can I vote?
Each youth voter can cast 4 votes (one vote per program proposal). All 4 votes must be cast in one voting session.
If I attend the Voter Fair but need time to think about the vote, can I cast my vote at a later date?
Yes, but we strongly encourage you to cast your vote at the Voter Fair, if you attend. Because organizations with program proposals will be present at the fair, it’s a great opportunity to ask questions and learn more about their proposal.
We want to get as many youth votes during our kick-off event and want to make sure you remember to vote. So yes, you can cast your vote online after the fair, just note that all 4 votes must be completed during one voting session.
Can I cast a vote for an organization that I’m affiliated with?
Yes. If you are ages 13 -26 and are a participant or staff of an organization, you may vote for your organization’s proposal. Remember you can only cast 4 votes- one vote per program proposal.
Do I need my ID or proof of residence to vote?
If you have a question that’s not on this list, please send it to email@example.com or ask us at the Voter Fair!